How to get FSSAI State License
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO GET AN FSSAI REGISTRATION?
Some of the reasons you should register under FSSAI are:
- Apart from legal aspects, FSSAI Licenseensures the food quality at your Restaurant.
- In this age of customer awareness, most customers want to eat only good quality food that has been certified for safe consumption. FSSAI logo on menus & pamphlets increases the credibility of your restaurant business and increases the customer’s confidence in your brand.
- It helps in business expansion and standardization of your restaurant’s kitchen operations. FSSAI licenseis issued only to those restaurants which meet the specifications in back-end design laid down by the body. These specifications in a way act as a stencil to achieve an effective and safe design within the smallest necessary space. Thus design standardization in your kitchen and other back-end spaces throughout all your branches can be achieved by following these guidelines.
TYPES OF FSSAI FOOD LICENSES IN INDIA
Food Safety and Security Association of India, FSSAI issues three different types of food licenses in India:
- Basic FSSAI Registration
The petty and small-sized food business operators like manufacturers, transporters, storage units, distributer, marketers, retailers, etc. are required to acquire a Basic FSSAI Registration which is issued by the State Government for a minimum period of one year and a maximum of 5 years. It is mostly for the units having an annual turnover of less than 12 lakh. The rest depends on the eligibility, the FBO can thus fall under either the State FSSAI License or the Basic Registration.
- State FSSAI License
The authority has guided the food business operators, having an annual turnover of more than 12 lakh, like small to medium-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, marketers, retailers, distributors, etc to obtain the State FSSAI License. It is issued by the respective State Government having a minimum validity of one year and the maximum of 5 yrs.
- Central FSSAI License
Food business operators who have a turnover greater than 20 crores like large manufacturers, 100% export oriented units, importers, operators in the Central Government agencies, airports, seaports, etc are enforced to obtain a Central Food License issued by the Central Government. Also, the FBO’s are directed to obtain the Central License for their head office and if they operate in more than one state. The minimum tenure of this license is one year and the maximum is 5 years.
Documents required for the obtaining the state license:
- Form B duly completed and signed
- Blue Print of the processing unit showing the dimensions and operation-wise area allocation
- List of Directors/ Partners/ Proprietor with address, contact details, and photo ID
- Name and list of equipment and machinery used with the number and installed capacity
- List of food category to be manufactured
- Authority letter from manufacturer nominated a responsible person name and address
- Analysis report of water to be used in the process to confirm the portability
- Proof of possession of premises
- Partnership deed/ affidavit of proprietorship
- NOC and copy of License from the manufacturer
- Copy of certificate obtained under Coop Act 1861/Multi state Coop Act 2002
- Food safety management system plan or certificate
- Analysis Report of the water to be used as ingridient in food from the Public health laboratory.
HOW TO DO FSSAI BASIC REGISTRATION FOR YOUR RESTAURANT?
Follow the below-mentioned step by step process to get an FSSAI Registration for your restaurant and food business:
Step 2: Fill the FSSAI License form.
Step 3: You will get a call from our side.
Step 4: After the payment With in 30 minutes you will get your FSSAI License.