How to get FSSAI Registration Steps And Guidelines
Why is it important To Get an FSSAI Registration?
Some of the reasons you should register under FSSAI are:
1. Apart from legal aspects, FSSAI License ensures the food quality at your Restaurant.
2. In this age of customer awareness, most customers want to eat only good quality food that has been certified for safe consumption. FSSAI logo on menus & pamphlets increases the credibility of your restaurant business and increases the customer’s confidence in your brand.
3. It helps in business expansion and standardization of your restaurant’s kitchen operations. FSSAI license is issued only to those restaurants which meet the specifications in back-end design laid down by the body. These specifications in a way act as a stencil to achieve an effective and safe design within the smallest necessary space. Thus design standardization in your kitchen and other back-end spaces throughout all your branches can be achieved by following these guidelines.
How to do FSSAI Registration for your Restaurant?
Follow the below-mentioned step by step process to get an FSSAI Registration for your restaurant and food business:
Step 1: Go to http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in, or click here. The application starts with checking the eligibility criterion if you are eligible for Central or State License. You need to enter the address for each location separately and check for their eligibility individually.
Note: If your Restaurant has a turnover of up to 20 crores, you should go for State License and if you have a turnover greater than 20 crores, go for Central License.
Step 2: After the page opens click on ‘Sign-up’ for the eligible license. Fill the sign-up form with contact details. Make sure you have a valid Email ID or a contact number.
Step 3: Think of a unique username for the registration and enter the password. After filling up the form, click on Register to complete the sign-up process.
Step 4: After the account activation, you will also get a sign-up success confirmation message through SMS and e-mail.
Point to Remember: This user ID is valid for 30 days, so make sure that you apply online within 30 days or this user ID will be disabled.
Step 5: Sign in to your account and fill up the online FSSAI Registration Application Form. (https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/index.aspx) (Make sure you have all the relevant documents required for the application. Also, make sure the application form is completed in one sitting, else the form goes to incomplete tab). We have mentioned the important documents needed for FSSAI Registration below.
Step 6: After filling out the online application, take a printout of the form before you click on ‘Submit’.
Step 7: Note down the reference number that is displayed on the screen once you have applied. The reference number is required to track the progress of your application for Registration or Licensing.
Step 8: Submit the printout of the filled up Online Application Form to the Regional Authority/State Authority with all supportive documents within 15 days from the date of making the online submission for your application to be considered.
FSSAI Registration Certificate Fees is INR 100/Year. For the central license, the cost is INR 7500/Year, and for the state license, it is INR 2000/Year.
What Are The Important Documents Required For FSSAI Registration?
Here is the complete list of documents that you would need for applying for FSSAI Registration:
1. Form duly completed and signed by the Proprietor(Restaurant Owner).
2. Identity Proof
3. Address Proof issued by Government Authority
4. List of main directors and stakeholders in the business with their identity proof
5. Valid Email ID and Contact Number
6. Food Safety Management plan (You can get these documents from the nearest Notary or can be downloaded online)
7. Proof of possession of premise(Sale Deed, Rent Agreement, Electricity Bill, etc.)
8. NOCs from Municipal Corporations or local bodies.
9. Kitchen Layout Plan
10. Water Testing Report from an ISI approved the facility
11. Partnership Deed/ Affidavit of Proprietorship (in case of business operated in other premises or case of partnership firm)
12. List of Food Category
13. Types of equipment to be used.
14. Medical Certificates of Employees.