HOW TO GET FSSAI CENTRAL LICENSE
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO GET AN FSSAI REGISTRATION?
Some of the reasons you should register under FSSAI are:
- Apart from legal aspects, FSSAI Licenseensures the food quality at your Restaurant.
- In this age of customer awareness, most customers want to eat only good quality food that has been certified for safe consumption. FSSAI logo on menus & pamphlets increases the credibility of your restaurant business and increases the customer’s confidence in your brand.
- It helps in business expansion and standardization of your restaurant’s kitchen operations. FSSAI licenseis issued only to those restaurants which meet the specifications in back-end design laid down by the body. These specifications in a way act as a stencil to achieve an effective and safe design within the smallest necessary space. Thus design standardization in your kitchen and other back-end spaces throughout all your branches can be achieved by following these guidelines.
TYPES OF FSSAI FOOD LICENSES IN INDIA
Food Safety and Security Association of India, FSSAI issues three different types of food licenses in India:
- Basic FSSAI Registration
The petty and small-sized food business operators like manufacturers, transporters, storage units, distributer, marketers, retailers, etc. are required to acquire a Basic FSSAI Registration which is issued by the State Government for a minimum period of one year and a maximum of 5 years. It is mostly for the units having an annual turnover of less than 12 lakh. The rest depends on the eligibility, the FBO can thus fall under either the State FSSAI License or the Basic Registration.
- State FSSAI License
The authority has guided the food business operators, having an annual turnover of more than 12 lakh, like small to medium-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, marketers, retailers, distributors, etc to obtain the State FSSAI License. It is issued by the respective State Government having a minimum validity of one year and the maximum of 5 yrs.
- Central FSSAI License
Food business operators who have a turnover greater than 20 crores like large manufacturers, 100% export oriented units, importers, operators in the Central Government agencies, airports, seaports, etc are enforced to obtain a Central Food License issued by the Central Government. Also, the FBO’s are directed to obtain the Central License for their head office and if they operate in more than one state. The minimum tenure of this license is one year and the maximum is 5 years.
Documents Required for Obtaining Central FSSAI License
The following documents must be submitted to the FSSAI for obtaining Central FSSAI License:
- Form- B completed and signed by the Proprietor or Partner or Authorized Signatory.
- Blueprint/layout of the processing unit showing the dimensions and operation-wise area allocation (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
- List of Directors / Partner / Proprietor / Executive Members of Society / Trust with full address and contact details (Mandatory for Companies only).
- Name and list of equipments and machinery along with the number, installed capacity and horse power used (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units only).
- Photo identification and address proof issued by the Government for Proprietor / Partner / Director(s) / Authorized Signatory (Optional).
- List of food category desired to be manufactured. (For manufactures only).
- Authority letter with name and address of responsible person nominated by the manufacturer along with alternative responsible person indicating the powers vested with them viz assisting the officers in inspection, collection of samples, packing and dispatch. (For manufacturers and processors).
- Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food from a recognized / public health laboratory to confirm the portability. (Mandatory for manufacturing and processing units).
- Proof of possession of premises (Sale deed / Rental Agreement / Electricity Bill) (Optional).
- Partnership Deed or Declaration for Proprietorship or MOA & AOA along with Certificate of Incorporation and List of Directors with address. In case of Company, three pages must be uploaded: First Page – Certificate of Incorporation, Second Page – Authorization of food business activity and Third Page – List of Directors with addresses).
- Copy of certificate obtained under Coop Act – 1861 / Multi State Coop Act – 2002 in case of Cooperatives. (If applicable).
- NOC & Copy of License from manufacturer (Mandatory for Relabellers and Repackers).
- Food Safety Management System Plan or Certificate (if any).
- Source of milk or procurement plan for milk including location of milk collection centres in case of milk and milk products processing units. (if applicable).
- Source of raw material for meat and meat processing plants. (if applicable).
- Pesticide residues report of water in case of units manufacturing packaged drinking water, packaged mineral water and/or carbonated water from a recognized / public health laboratory.
- Recall plan wherever applicable, with details on whom the product is distributed (optional).
- NOC from Municipality or Local Body (optional).
- Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU.
- Supporting documentary proof of turnover.
- NOC/PA documents issued by FSSAI.
- IE Code document issued by DGFT.
- FSSAI Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution.
- Certificate provided by Ministry of Tourism (HRACC). (Mandatory for Hotels).
- Documentary proof of turnover or self declaration of number of vehicles (Mandatory for Transporters).
- FSSAI Declaration Form.
HOW TO DO FSSAI BASIC REGISTRATION FOR YOUR RESTAURANT?
Follow the below-mentioned step by step process to get an FSSAI Registration for your restaurant and food business:
Step 2: Fill the FSSAI License form.
Step 3: You will get a call from our side.
Step 4: After the payment With in 30 minutes you will get you FSSAI License.
For more: https://www.food-license.com