How to get FSSAI Basic License
Why Is It important To Get An FSSAI Registration?
Some of the reasons you should register under FSSAI are:
- Apart from legal aspects, FSSAI License ensures the food quality at your Restaurant.
- In this age of customer awareness, most customers want to eat only good quality food that has been certified for safe consumption. FSSAI logo on menus & pamphlets increases the credibility of your restaurant business and increases the customer’s confidence in your brand.
- It helps in business expansion and standardization of your restaurant’s kitchen operations. FSSAI license is issued only to those restaurants which meet the specifications in back-end design laid down by the body. These specifications in a way act as a stencil to achieve an effective and safe design within the smallest necessary space. Thus design standardization in your kitchen and other back-end spaces throughout all your branches can be achieved by following these guidelines.
Types of FSSAI Food Licenses in India
Food Safety and Security Association of India, FSSAI issues three different types of food licenses in India:
- Basic FSSAI Registration
The petty and small-sized food business operators like manufacturers, transporters, storage units, distributer, marketers, retailers, etc. are required to acquire a Basic FSSAI Registration which is issued by the State Government for a minimum period of one year and a maximum of 5 years. It is mostly for the units having an annual turnover of less than 12 lakh. The rest depends on the eligibility, the FBO can thus fall under either the State FSSAI License or the Basic Registration.
- State FSSAI License
The authority has guided the food business operators, having an annual turnover of more than 12 lakh, like small to medium-sized manufacturers, storage units, transporters, marketers, retailers, distributors, etc to obtain the State FSSAI License. It is issued by the respective State Government having a minimum validity of one year and the maximum of 5 yrs.
- Central FSSAI License
Food business operators who have a turnover greater than 20 crores like large manufacturers, 100% export oriented units, importers, operators in the Central Government agencies, airports, seaports, etc are enforced to obtain a Central Food License issued by the Central Government. Also, the FBO’s are directed to obtain the Central License for their head office and if they operate in more than one state. The minimum tenure of this license is one year and the maximum is 5 years.
Documents required for Basic FSSAI – Food License
- Latest Passport sized photograph of the applicant
- Identification proof (voter ID card or Aadhaar Card)
- PAN Card
- Address Proof- Telephone or Mobile Bill/ Electricity or Gas Bill)
- Copy of Property papers (if owned)
- Copy of Rent Agreement and NOC letter from the Landlord (if rented)
How to do FSSAI Basic Registration for your Restaurant?
Follow the below-mentioned step by step process to get an FSSAI Registration for your restaurant and food business:
Step 2: Fill the FSSAI License form.
Step 3: You will get a call from our side.
Step 4: After the payment With in 30 minutes you will get you FSSAI License.